Manager, Business Process Improvement
What you will do:
OUC – The Reliable One is hiring a Manager, Business Process Improvement with a proven track record of enterprise wide process improvement project management. The Manager, Business process Improvement position is one of our newest and impactful positions when it comes to achieving our strategic initiatives! The Manager, Business Process Improvement will identify, prioritize, develop, and execute enterprise level process improvement efforts across multiple business units.
How the Manager, Business Process Improvement will accomplish these tasks:
- Develop an approach to the identification and prioritization of process improvement efforts;
- Determine and lead implementation of common process improvement and change management methodologies, tools, documentation, measurement, reporting, and training across business units;
- Lead process improvement initiatives and teams focused on reducing costs, cycle time, errors and risk encompassing the concepts from methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma, change management and project management;
- Prepare and execute related project plans to provide a framework for the project as well as regular updates and status reports;
- Communicate process improvement efforts to Senior Staff through formal and informal channels to ensure their awareness and support as well as identify any issues;
- Identify opportunities for process improvement across OUC and consult with leadership to recommend best practices and solutions;
- Responsible for acting as the internal spokesperson and advocate for process improvement,, change management, and measurement methodologies at every opportunity;
- Implement measurement tools to track organizational improvements resulting from implementation of approved projects;
- Facilitate decision-making sessions with senior managers across multiple business units with the objective of obtaining consensus and direction on organizational change to ensure successful project implementation;
- Organize and support process improvement, change management, and measurement training efforts for OUC staff;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or related area of study from an accredited university or college;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or related area of study from an accredited university or college, preferred;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in change management and process improvement implementations of cross-functional initiatives (business/process analysis, documentation, metric development and reengineering) to include five (5) years of experience in managing projects and/or teams.
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma Black Belt certified, preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following:
o Process improvement methodologies
o Project management software
- Thorough knowledge of the following:
o Change management methodologies and practices
o Metrics and measurement methodologies and tools
o Related industry, organizational and departmental regulatory guidelines, best practices, and procedures
About OUC and Our Benefits:
Over the last century, as Orlando evolved from a small town into a vibrant city, OUC–The ReliableOne has been a community backbone, serving residential and commercial customers with dependable, low-cost electric and water services.
OUC is consistently ranked one of the Top Companies in Orlando for Working Families, in large part, due to our outstanding benefits, including our hybrid retirement program consisting of an internal pension. A great benefits package provides a safety net of financial security for you and your family. OUC recognizes that to attract good employees and maintain those employees, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package is necessary. Learn about all of OUC has to offer employees at our OUC Benefits Page.