What you will do:
Join OUC – The Reliable One as we look to continue to build and improve our organizational effectiveness. We are hiring a Manager, Business Plan Development which is a crucial role in the Strategic Plan and Process Improvement Division. The Manager, Business Plan Development will be responsible for the creation of business plans for new product development projects and will also support OUC’s strategic planning initiatives across all OUC’s business units.
How the Manger, Business Plan Development will accomplish these tasks:
- Produce business plans for new products and services to be offered by OUC by working cross-functionally to complete the analysis, document all considerations, and make recommendations to business units and senior staff;
- Define new product and service business plans and recommendations including market and competitive research, product viability, success requirements, go-to-market strategies, financial goals or investments, operational considerations, and alignment to corporate strategic goals;
- Creation of new product or service business plan presentations for business units and senior staff to review;
- Coordinate time sensitive market research aspect of projects and prepare summary reports with interim recommendation for next steps;
- Oversee the development of all financial evaluations that demonstrate the viability of new products or services based on risk and return;
- Work with business units to develop new product or service project plans that include activities to be performed, estimated timeline, and effort required for successful implementation;
- Develop new product development funnel advancement approach, with clear criteria for new product to movement to each stage in the funnel, including tracking and reporting;
- Support OUC’s strategic planning process, working with and facilitating various business unit teams and cross-functional strategic initiative teams to define their components of the strategic plan;
- Analyze strategic and initiative plans and business processes to identify potential resources, issues, risks, and weaknesses, etc.;
- Facilitate the planning, development, and measurement of various business unit projects that support OUC’s strategic initiatives;
- Establish the metrics required to measure achievement of OUC’s strategic goals, and develop the process for identifying and reporting performance to goals;
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and alliances; ensure the support of business planning functions and processes is responsible and consistent;
- Develop clear and detailed update reports, process maps and business requirements for senior management;
- Attend external meetings, seminars and training to remain up-to-date on new and potential business opportunities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related area of study from an accredited college or university;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related area of study from an accredited college or university, preferred;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience analyzing and developing business plans, processes and procedures (development of written reports, metrics, resources and focus groups, training documentation and presentations, etc.), to include five (5) years of experience in managing projects and/or teams.
- Working knowledge of but not limited too;
o Business plan development principles and methodologies
o New product development principles
o Project Management Software
o Presentations regarding business plans
o Reports summarizing business plans
o Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices, and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances, and laws;
About OUC and Our Benefits:
Over the last century, as Orlando evolved from a small town into a vibrant city, OUC–The Reliable One has been a community backbone, serving residential and commercial customers with dependable, low-cost electric and water services.
OUC is consistently ranked one of the Top Companies in Orlando for Working Families, in large part, due to our outstanding benefits, including our hybrid retirement program consisting of an internal pension. A great benefits package provides a safety net of financial security for you and your family. OUC recognizes that to attract good employees and maintain those employees, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package is necessary. Learn about all of OUC has to offer employees at our OUC Benefits Page.