Position Location: Tampa, FL
Travel Required: Yes, approximately 30%
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Manager of Compliance Monitoring
Direct Reports: None
The FRCC Engineer/Auditor position serves as a compliance auditor in the Compliance Department of Florida Reliability Coordinating Council (FRCC). The Compliance Engineer/Auditor is a team participant in the implementation of the Reliability Standards Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program (CMEP) within the FRCC region of NERC. The Compliance Engineer/Auditor is one of the compliance staff experts in the Operations and Planning (O&P) area, and has the primary responsibility for assessing compliance of Registered Entities to which the O&P Reliability Standards are applicable. The Compliance Engineer/Auditor is also instrumental in the development of internal procedures for the FRCC Compliance Department and Compliance Oversight Plans for FRCC Registered Entities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts and/or participates on comprehensive compliance audits of Registered Entities to assess compliance with the applicable NERC and Regional Reliability Standards, and with a specific responsibility (or emphasis) on the O&P Reliability Standards.
- Conducts and/or participates in compliance spot check audits and investigations of Registered Entities that could lead to the determination of possible violations associated with the O&P standards.
- Performs fact and circumstance review of pertinent data associated with events or system conditions to evaluate compliance with the associated NERC Reliability Standards.
- Provides technical assistance in the evaluation and approval of mitigation plans associated with violations of the O&P Reliability Standards, as requested.
- Develops and delivers presentations concerning compliance processes and NERC reliability standards at compliance workshops, WebEx sessions, and other outreach venues.
- Participates on NERC groups and Regional committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Compliance Monitoring, Director of Compliance, Vice President and Executive Director – Standards & Compliance, and/or FRCC President /CEO.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and related experience resulting in demonstrated ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in electric power system operation and/or planning, modeling and/or protection control with ten (10) years of experience in electric power system operation and/or planning preferred.
- Prefer NERC Certified System Operator, and/or credentialed auditor with electric industry experience.
- High level of knowledge of the electric utility industry, particularly with regard to transmission grid, reliability standards, planning, and operations.
- Experience managing, coordinating, and working in a team environment and ability to interface with FRCC registered entities and NERC/FERC representatives.
- Experience/Knowledge of the NERC Reliability Standards.
- Experience/Knowledge of GAGAS and IIA Professional Practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail for timely and accurate completion.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSTION, please forward a resume and cover letter to:
FRCC, Attn. Human Resources 3000 Bayport Drive, Suite 600 Tampa FL 33607-8411 HR1@frcc.com – Email
No calls please.
** FRCC is an EEO employer. All job offers shall be contingent on drug screening, conflict check, and background check.