Requisition ID: 39955
Job Function/Category: Craftworkers
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Perform all work required in the service, maintenance and repair of automotive and associated equipment, including auxiliary equipment.
Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
This is a Safety Sensitive position. D.O.T. testing is required.
• Must have ability to work under general supervision, aptitude for mechanical work and ability to use all materials, tools and equipment commonly associated with repair/service work.
• Must possess and maintain a valid NJ driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driving record.
• Must possess or have ability to acquire NJ Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
• Must have successfully completed PSEG 24 month Apprentice Automotive Mechanic training program or possess ASE certification.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must have obtained an acceptable score on the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) Test-Automotive or possess ASE certification.
• Technical school training or automotive certification
• Prior experience with hydraulic or construction equipment repair
• 3-5 years automotive/mechanical repair experience.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision