Requisition ID: 19684
Job Function/Category: Energy Resources & Trade LLC
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This is a multi-level position and placement is dependent upon the skills and experience of the candidate. The successful candidate will assist with economic decision making to manage and optimize portfolio positions in PJM, NYISO and ISONE, with consideration of FERC and NERC control area rules and market conditions. This position will report into our Newark, NJ office location.
This opening will initially focus on day ahead and real time bidding and scheduling of 6000 MWs of generation, associated fuel estimating and optimizing two DC transmission cables.
Day Ahead Bidding:
· Prepares, submits, and validates accurate offers for energy, ancillary services and bids for load obligations to NYISO, ISONE and PJM in a timely manner during normal or abnormal system conditions
· Actively analyzes the market and structures market based offers
· Optimizes outages / testing to minimize financial impacts by coordinating with involved groups based on market conditions
· Leads the efforts to update the NY Reference Value data with other generator operators and manages the bid reference levels for the assets
Real Time Bidding:
· Analyzes real time market using market fundamentals / technical indicators to understand conditions and impacts
· Optimizes generation dispatching and cable flows in real time based on market conditions
· Provides strategies to optimize Ancillary services
· Provides strategies and guidance to Generation Desk after hours and on weekends
· Estimates daily and hourly gas consumption for fleet prior to day ahead awards
· Presents estimates by unit, aggregating up to pipeline
· Updates expected gas consumption based upon real time load and generation operations - extrapolate forward.
· Anticipates impacts of unusual weather impacts or changes to system topology
· Understands impact of gas tariffs as it applies to fuel balancing
· Estimates hourly prices for both sides of cable (source vs. sink) incorporating losses
· Has experience with OATI / ETS Tagging system and ISO External Transaction Procedures
· Estimates source / sink prices which are impacted by factors including: gas prices, prices of other generator fuels, generation outages, transmission outages, load, and weather
· Submits appropriate bids to both ISO's (source / sink day ahead markets)
· Incorporates unusual events - operate the cable due to limited fuel availability, local reliability, local generation operations
· Follows through with ISO staff when actual operations are inconsistent with bid expectations.
Required Qualification (Analyst):
· Bachelor's Degree
· Five years' experience in energy finance, generation asset management; generation bidding or related energy trading experience.
Required Qualification (Senior Analyst):
· Bachelor's Degree
· Seven years' experience in energy finance, generation asset management; generation bidding or related energy trading experience.
· Must have experience developing strategy and capitalizing on market trends to maximize value
· Must have a good understanding of Northeast energy markets and risk management & hedging techniques
· Solid understanding of generation assets, fuel, transmission, regional market rules, settlements and regulations.
· Strong understanding of electric systems and generation economics
· Ability to make quick/rational decisions in a dynamically changing environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated leadership
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, be results oriented, creative and work well in a team environment
· Electric system operations, Electric Generation and Dispatch, economics experience.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision