Requisition ID: 40261
Job Function/Category: 55600
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Under directive supervision, performs duties associated with the installation, removal, construction operation and maintenance of plant equipment and structures. Loads, unloads, transfers and controls the storage and removal from storage of liquid petroleum. Carries through work assignments, at times, with the assistance of other employees of equal or lesser grade; performs various combinations of any of the following duties:
1. Making combustible gas and oxygen tests of gas using simple gas analysis apparatus. Making periodic gas odor and humidity tests.
2. Taking periodic readings, making calculations and recording items such as gas usage, tank levels, atmospheric pressure, flow, temperature and humidity. When required, install and maintain simple instruments such as gauges, U-tubes and thermometers.
3. Operating, caring for, cleaning and lubricating various types of equipment and making necessary minor repairs and adjustments when operating equipment.
4. Cleaning strainers, adding chemicals.
5. Checking and tending operation of fuel tank farms and related equipment; loading and unloading fuel tank trucks, and rail cars.
6. Performing a variety of maintenance activities including filing, chipping, grinding, sanding, sawing, scraping; performing rough masonry work, rough carpentry work, rough painting and glass replacement; making minor plumbing and heating system repairs; perform simple pipefitting, removing and making repairs to pipe covering; doing simple electrical installations.
7. When assigned to stores activities, receives, stores, issues and ships all types of materials and equipment, keeps necessary records of transactions, checks invoices. Acts as a switchman and brakeman when moving and spotting cars.
8. Placing and removing from operation, dismantling, cleaning and reassembling meters, burner and pilot systems, tubes, drums and headers.
9. Making minor repairs to automotive equipment and doing required preventive maintenance work. Changes tires.
10. Making periodic inspections of buildings and property and identifying persons entering the plant and performing the necessary clerical work associated with this assignment.
11. Unloading tank cars and trucks; checking temperatures and pressures and maintaining proper pressure differentials.
12. Loading storage tanks; selecting tanks and filling to prescribed levels, transferring LP between tanks; maintaining proper pressures.
13. Transferring LP as required, from storage to vaporizer, using pressure differential or pump; loading tank trucks.
14. Checking operation of system when taking over shift; answering alarm warnings immediately and taking proper safety and corrective measures.
15. Inspecting and cleaning valves, piping, electrical and mechanical equipment, and structures throughout the storage area.
16. Taking and recording tank slip tube depths, recording pressures, temperatures and volumes; computing corrected stock.
17. Making necessary minor repairs, replacements and adjustments when operating equipment; at other times, performing maintenance or repair work on plant equipment or structures, as assigned.
18. Making the necessary rounds at the entire LP storage area to maintain a secure and leak free condition.
19. Operating vaporizers, regulators, traps, liquid pumps, automatic vapor pressure reducing valves, liquid level control valves, hydraulic valves and dampers, as required.
20. Placing in service, removing from service and operating LP Plant.
21. Adjusting and operating gas mixing equipment, BTU, specific gravity, density devices, hydraulic flow control valves and associated equipment.
22. Checking, recording and controlling BTU’s and specific gravities.
23. Pipefitting, including layout, cutting, removing, installing and threading of all pipes and tubing.
24. Non Code welding.
25. Troubleshooting and maintaining automotive equipment.
26. Determines layout, installs, removes, trouble shoots and maintains instrumentation.
27. Determines layout, installs, removes, trouble shoots and maintains electrical equipment.
28. Installs, removes, trouble shots and maintains mechanical equipment.
29. Assists in the assembling, overhauling, adjusting and aligning of pumps, compressors, fans, blowers, heat exchangers and similar equipment; make minor repairs to same.
30. Operates shop equipment.
31. Makes repairs to buildings including masonry, insulation or similar work.
32. Make repairs to LP plant and associated equipment and their control devices.
33. Installs and removes rigging equipment.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum of 3 years Mechanical experience, industrial, manufacturing or refinery operations and maintenance.
Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driving history
Acceptable score on the Gas Battery pre-placement test
Gas, Instrumentation or Electrical experience
Trouble shooting of electrical, instrumentation, mechanical system.
Knowledge of PLC control systems
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision