At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon’s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Analyst, Tax Technology has responsibility for all aspects of systems and applications used in recording and reporting the consolidated taxes related to Exelon and its subsidiaries quarterly and annual financial statements and meeting all the consolidated federal compliance requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist in day-to-day maintenance, user support, and training in the use of Tax owned software applications (compliance and provision) with added emphasis on finding ways to increase efficient and effective use of systems
- Assist with identifying and implementing tax technology best practices utilizing all available applications to drive operational improvements and efficiencies across the Exelon Tax organization, including collaboration with other business units, the Financial Systems group, and participating in technology user groups within and outside of Exelon
- Assist in coordination and delivery of the tax technology transformation initiative for the department including identifying and developing automation of Tax processes
- Assist with coordination and delivery of staff and leadership training in the use of financial systems and applications available for use by the Tax department, including ad-hoc requests
- Undergraduate degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or Accounting related field
- At least 2 years related experience including one or more years of process improvement, tax automation, and/or technology experience
- Knowledge of system maintenance and SOX controls.
- Excellent attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and demonstrates meaningful ownership of tasks
- Appreciation of the impact of taxes on financial statements
- Proficient analytical ability to resolve complex, technical issues; recognizes the need for and seeks out internal subject matter expertise, as well as external subject matter expertise, when necessary
- 40 hours of ongoing annual continuing professional education will be required of all professionals in the Department (at the Company’s expense)
- Energy industry experience is desirable, though not at the expense of a broad base of experience
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (MBA/MST)
- Proficient ability in Microsoft Excel and Office applications
- Working knowledge of various finance and tax applications including but not limited to Corptax, Onesource, and Oracle Hyperion Workspace
- Experience assisting in the implementation of new tax technology
POSITION SCOPE:Chase Building Chicago (00051)10 S DEARBORN STCHICAGO
Reports directly to the Senior Manager, Consolidation/Technology Analysis. The Tax Department’s primary office is in Chicago, Illinois with some travel among the office/business unit locations in the Chicago suburbs, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania and Maryland.