As an Application Engineer II – Automation with Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories you will be providing technical support to the south central region of the United States. If you are looking for an opportunity to travel and solve real world technical problems, train customers on SEL products and become recognized as an industry expert in a fast growing global company, then this position is for you!
This position will be located in either Houston, Austin, Dallas, or San Antonio, TX. The person in this role will be supporting and providing technical assistance to customers throughout the south central region of the US. Occasional travel may be required to areas outside the south central region, including the corporate office located in Pullman, WA, and throughout the US to participate in training and conferences. This position will provide opportunities to share product knowledge and apply your technical expertise to our customers including mentoring associates in power protection.
Application Engineer II – Automation
- Develop expertise in software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices
- Help customers apply SEL products through visits, demonstrations, training courses and telephone contact.
- Contribute to product specifications, application and testing software, and literature.
- Participate in SEL marketing and sales activities and industry technical meetings and conferences.
- Teach and lead in training schools for customers and SEL personnel.
- Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
- Continuously identify, measure, follow, and improve marketing, sales, and engineering quality procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, support the Regional Technical Manager, and supervise, lead, and develop technical support staff, and serve as the point of contact and decision-maker for your team on technical customer service and support issues.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, manage team schedules, performance reviews, expenses, phone duty, and primary customer responsibilities.
- Additionally, if a Team Lead, plan, promote, and organize all territory technical customer visits, SEL University courses, conferences, seminars, customer technical service, and other marketing and sales activities.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- 7 years experience in power systems, industry practices, and system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Demonstrated experience in software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices
- Strong technical training, speaking, writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with limited supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test results
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis in software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices
- Proven expertise in a specific application or discipline
- Published application guides and technical paper at industry conference or in journal
- Experience using SEL products
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.