Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Working with Category Managers, effectively develops and executes category strategy. Responsible for the development and effective execution of sourcing strategy for assigned categories. Utilizes clear understanding of supply market, best practice sourcing event approaches and negotiation strategies to achieve category and business objectives. Manages risk mitigation efforts and oversees on-going monitoring activities. Forms and executes non-mission critical contracts. Can hire at either level Associate Category Manager or Category Manager.
- STRATEGIC SOURCING -Supports Category Managers while learning to develop category strategy to optimize cost and improve operations. Conducts analyses of supply, demand, market, commodity, supplier, contract and "should cost" modeling to develop and recommend category strategies. Monitors industry information and trends, and supplier risk profiles, to keep category strategy current while supporting business requirements. Develops sourcing events. Coordinates evaluation of proposals and selection of suppliers for targeted categories of spend.
- SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT - Leads tier II and supports category manager in tier 1 supplier relationship management efforts focused on improving total cost of ownership, quality, delivery and continuous improvement. Develops plans with suppliers that support business goals and strategies, and drive continuous improvement and collaboration to bring value to both the company and the supplier. Supports development and monitoring of scorecards and associated tracking methods with suppliers. Works with category managers and business stakeholders to ensure metrics are meaningful and measurable. Develops effective skills for managing complex supplier relationships and continuous improvement.
- CONTRACTING - Supports Category Managers in developing and conducting strategic contract negotiations. Proficient in contract formation, negotiation and execution. Ensures all contract processes are followed, documents are complete, and appropriates records are retained.
- RISK CONTAINMENT - Applies understanding of underlying principles of contract law to administer all category contract agreements. In collaboration with business area management, manages and defines the risk elements of the contract and assembles all necessary documentation for obtaining insurance. Limits Xcel Energy liability by ensuring all required documents and notices have been obtained and are satisfactory.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Supports project plan development for the implementation of Supply Chain strategy. Interacts with customers to integrate the sourcing and business project plans.
Requirements for Associate Category Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience required
- Requires 3 plus years of supply chain experience or 5 plus years experience in company operations with significant exposure to supply chain processes
- Willing and able to pursue Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent
- Associate Category Manager is frequently required to attend meetings across the region
- Up to 10% domestic travel is required.
- The Associate Category Manager is an entry level role that incorporates a two year individualized developmental plan that, upon completion, will allow for promotional consideration to Category Manager. Failure to complete the developmental plan within two years can result in removal from the position.
Preferred Requirements for Associate Category Manager
- Previous experience in plant operations, utility field operations, finance or business administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office suite and experience with purchasing and sourcing systems strongly preferred.
Requirements for Category Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Requires 5 years of sourcing, purchasing or logistics experience, or previous experience in plant operations or utility field operations.
- Two years plus of contract formation knowledge and experience, negotiation and project management skills preferred.
- Must pursue and maintain Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification or equivalent. Proficiency in Microsoft® Office suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is required.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills are required.
- Frequently required to attend meetings in several different locations, and up to 20% domestic travel is required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 42800:Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6051
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org