At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assists experienced engineers in developing studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelons electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. ; Provides analytical support for consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Collects and compiles financial data for budget and actual costs of projects. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assists experienced engineers in performing well-defined engineering assignments exercising independent discretion. (e. g. Collect data, perform complex analysis, interpret results, draw conclusions, and clearly present a recommendation to management)
- Assists in the performance of complex engineering assignments. (e. g. Analyze and interpret the results of complex power flows and perform complex electrical tests, and analyze non-specific and ambiguous results)
- Assists with technical consultation, plan developments and recommendations for customer and company systems and processes; (e. g. Verify and validate studies, blueprints, or designs against accepted engineering principles and practices)
- Evaluates effectiveness of current technical systems and processes.
- Participates on teams; (e. g. Design high voltage transmission and distribution circuits, meeting all engineering standards and criteria)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
-Zero to two years of professional engineering experience
- Limited knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform routine assignments for a specific discipline installations, or service.
- Provides technical assistance in support of others.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
2 Lincoln Centre (00005)
2 LINCOLN CTR
OAKBROOK TERRACE, 60181