This supporting role will be part of the Meter Data Analysis Services group within Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, in which the incumbent will be a key support for the teams that process and manage the AMI meter data exceptions.
Perform general analysis and prepare reports to support business operations. Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other general financial and operational analysis. Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management (e.g., safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc.). Research and provide statistical financial and operational information. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operation's business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Develop and organize performance reports for both internal and external use. Contribute to the development of short-term and long-range business planning. Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Support and contribute to the development of short-term and long-range business planning. Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e.g., operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc.).
* Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations.
* Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management (e.g., safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc.).
* Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operation's business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
* Perform analysis of the operation's cost elements to ensure effective and efficient operations.
* Prepare and analyze detailed standard and non-standard reports.
* Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
* Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering AND 2 - 5 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 6 - 10 years relevant business experience is required.
* General understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e.g., asset management, electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission operations and planning).
* General proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., workforce management, project management, PassPort, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, voice response unit, automatic call distributors, work management, outage management) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
* Ability to provide general analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
* General analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Experience in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
* Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
* General knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
* Bachelor's degree and some relevant post-undergraduate coursework.
* Reliable individual that can communicate verbally with employees, experience with collective bargaining agreements and skilled in working in a team structure.
* Ability to make decisions, skilled in problem solving, and can plan, organize and prioritize work.
* Knowledge of AMI and Interval billing business benefits and the exception process.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers