Cross Texas Transmission, LLC (“CTT”) is a transmission‐only electric utility in the ERCOT region of Texas, regulated by the Public Utility Commission of Texas. CTT owns and operates 345kV transmission assets in the Panhandle region of Texas. CTT’s facilities include a field operations complex in Amarillo and critical control centers located in Austin. The Austin location also serves as CTT’s corporate headquarters for legal, IT/OT, planning, accounting and regulatory compliance. This position will be located in the Austin office.
This position serves as a supporting administrator and coordinator for regulatory compliance affairs at CTT. The Compliance Analyst supports compliance across the organization and assists in reviewing, organizing and maintaining all documentation related to regulatory policies and procedures. While this position reports administratively to the Director of Compliance, the Compliance Analyst works directly with the other CTT departments including IT/OT, accounting, regulatory, planning, operations and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all compliance policies and procedures including reports and work logs used for compliance evidence.
- Function as the system administrator for AssurX, CTT’s compliance tracking software
- Assist regulatory compliance department with ERCOT, Texas RE, NERC and FERC periodic reporting requirements.
- Maintain a solid knowledge base of ERCOT Nodal Protocols and Operating Guides, NERC Reliability
- Standards updates and other applicable regulatory rules as needed.
- Assist in regulatory compliance procedure updates and departmental reviews as required.
- Provide administrative support for internal, external and mock audit exercises involving various CTT departments.
- Assist in the development of training materials in support of compliance program requirements.
- Assist regulatory compliance staff in preparing filings and drafting/editing/reviewing policies, procedures and other documentation in support of compliance functions.
- Provide logistical support for compliance business meetings by assisting with planning, developing agendas and taking minutes.
- Provide administrative support to the regulatory compliance staff in preparing reports and presentations as requested.
- Draft and proofread memos, letters, reports, contracts, specifications, procedures, policies, and related items.
- Provide cross‐functional support to the IT/OT, accounting, regulatory, planning, operations and maintenance groups as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Candidate should have good technical writing skills and a fundamental understanding of electric utility regulations. Must be self‐motivated, disciplined and possess effective skills necessary for the job as described. Required skills include verbal communication, organization, critical thinking and practical knowledge of applicable productivity software applications and document management strategies. Knowledge and understanding of utility business principles, compliance program administration and control center operations will be advantageous.
Job Knowledge and Experience
- High School diploma required with two years of Business College or the equivalent desired.
- Five years of experience supporting compliance in the utility business or a related field.
- Position requires competencies in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- SharePoint and Outlook).
- Previous software experience related to compliance tracking, document management and/or accounting is a plus.