Iroquois Pipeline Operating Company, a partnership of U.S. and Canadian energy companies that operates a 416-mile interstate natural gas pipeline extending from the U.S.-Canadian border through New York State and western Connecticut to Long Island and New York City, has an immediate opening for a Compression Engineer in our Shelton, CT location.
This position must ensure Compressor Station design and operation is in compliance with Federal, State and Local rules/regulations and site specific permitting requirements. Oversees design, construction and commissioning activities for facility modifications. Manages the reliability and availability of the compressor fleet (eleven gas turbine driven compressor units). Provides technical support, leadership and oversight to all compression activities. Negotiates, manages and administers maintenance agreements. Coordinates maintenance and warranty repair of compression equipment. Develops budgets and schedules for O&M and Capital work at all Compressor Stations. Creates, maintains and trains on Field Operating Procedures and Engineering Specifications.
- Understand the process flow dynamics through the pipeline and facilities.
- Understand high pressure gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, and auxiliary equipment & processes.
- Knowledge of specifications (ASME, API, etc.) for related equipment and facilities.
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance methods, oil analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of governing regulations (Operator Qualifications, FERC, Pipeline Safety, DOT, etc.); environmental, health & safety procedures and regulations; design, construction and maintenance practices for gas compression facilities.
- Proficient in project management practices.
- Basic legal and administrative skills to negotiate, develop and manage contracts.
- Knowledge of PLC programs and SCADA systems.
- Knowledge of valves, piping, control systems, and pumps
- Basic knowledge of welding, structural design, gas flow meters, & electrical systems.
- Ability to negotiate priorities, influence stake holders and manage expectations.
- Proactive troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Clear, concise, and audience sensitive, verbal and written communications.
- High proficiency in office applications, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical preferred.
- Minimum three years of engineering and project management experience on energy pipelines.
- Minimum five years of experience working with gas turbine machinery and compressors.
- Minimum three years of pipeline design, project management and construction.
- Minimum five years of pipeline maintenance and operations.
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Travel: 20% New York & Connecticut field stations
Hours: 8:30am-5pm (some nights and weekends will be required)
Qualified applicants please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Please no search firms or agencies.