Requisition ID: 40088
Job Function/Category: 55600
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This position is part of a multi-level series (Grades 26/27). Determination of the grade level to be assigned will be based on experience and competencies of the successful candidate. Role requires direct supervision of associates in a union environment, with a strong emphasis on managing and developing individual performance. Monitor and analyze individual performance on a daily basis, in an effort to achieve established scorecard targets and drive employee performance. Set priorities for the team to ensure effective workload management. Motivate, coach and develop personnel towards high levels of performance, quality, and technical competence. With oversight from manager, resolve employee relations/industrial relations matters to ensure consistency across the department and in compliance with policies, procedures and/or business plan. Plan, organize and coordinate a diverse workforce on a short- and long-term basis to ensure work is done safely and efficiently; to maximize operational effectiveness; and to achieve department targets. Position requires a high level of teamwork and coordination with internal team members and external stakeholders. Supervise and lead by initiating, guiding, supporting and motivating associates. Organize and lead team meetings. Plan and organize activities/projects. Analyze data to assess business performance and adjust local procedures as appropriate. Maintain staff levels/requirements to best meet business needs. Achieve operational excellence and safe work behaviors through leadership, teamwork and effective communication. Learn, maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG Standards for Business Controls and meet management's expectation for effective internal business controls. Location and shift of supervisory roles can vary depending on operational needs.
Grade 26 Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Strong performance record.
• Experience in meter reading operations. Broad knowledge and experience with Customer Service operations, familiarity with the meter-to-cash process, and related scorecard metrics and controls.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills; Able to assume all aspects of the supervision of personnel
• Technical and analytical/problem-solving expertise
• Ability to make decisions, proactively resolve issues, and provide short/long term operational and performance improvement recommendations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently; prioritize work; meet deadlines and targets
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with management, colleagues and customers
• Broad knowledge of business and technical aspects of the job, including financial and cost management
• Strong MS Office skills
• General knowledge of SAP CCS and the UWUA Bargaining Agreement
•Must obtain an acceptable score on the First Line Supervisor's Test (FLST) unless presently an internal PSEG employee and directly supervising and responsible for performance of blue collar, operating department/represented associates for a minimum of 12 continuous months with satisfactory performance.
• Valid driver's license required
Grade 27 Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a first line supervisor role in a union environment.
• Strong performance record.
• Clearly demonstrated individual and team leadership on critical projects or initiatives, with a record of meeting deadlines and targets, driving results and continuous improvement
• Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and motivate high performing teams
• In-depth experience relevant to performing the business and technical aspects of the job, including financial and cost management
• Advanced knowledge of SAP CCS and the UWUA Bargaining Agreement
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision