Requisition ID: 9345
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The employee in this role is responsible for leading mergers, acquisition and divestiture support for the Gas Infrastructure and Gexa business units. Working with the other functional areas, this position is responsible for providing timely and accurate accounting considerations and conclusions. This role ensures smooth integration of acquisitions including impacts to forecasts. This individual provides technical accounting support and policy options (with relevant impact) to management. In addition to advising managment on technical accounting, this role provides other technical accounting support requested by GI and Gexa managment.
• M/A Support - Providue guidance to Project Valuation (or external valuation firms) to arrive at the fair value of individual assets acquired and liabilities assumed for GI and Gexa transactions
• M/A Support - Attend and represent M/A Accounting druing management meetings for GI and Gexa transactions
• M/A Support - Prepare or review purchase price allocations for GI and Gexa business combinations
• M/A Support - Review accounting assumptions in pro-forma financial models for GI and Gexa
• Technical Accounting - Provide technical accounting guidance for non-routine GI transactions
• Technical Accounting - Facilitate external audit by preparing accounting memos supporting material non-routine transactions and annual analysis (for example, depletion)
• Technical Accounting - Lead implementation of new accounting guidance for GI and Gexa
• Policy - Annually review and update GI specific accounting policies
• Goodwill - Lead annually impairment analysis for GI reporting unit
• Perform Sarbanes-Oxley 404 controls related to purchase accounting and goodwill impairment
This position is responsible for leading mergers and acquisitions and supporting new business development. Employees in this job lead pre-acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition support. Working with the other functional areas, this position is responsible for providing timely and accurate accounting considerations and conclusions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt (0012)
Location: Houston, Texas
Other Work Locations: Texas
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.