At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Electrician performs electrical installations, routine inspections, trouble shooting and repairs, both scheduled and unscheduled, to Transmission/Substation and distribution equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Works closely with others to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and company policies.
- Completes, on-time, delivery of electrical services to ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, quality, safety, efficiency and equipment reliability are achieved.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment, machinery and components as scheduled.
- Assists with electrical and instrumentation installations, maintenance, repairs and replacements as needed.
- Maintains favorable working relationship with peers in order to support positive employee morale, productivity and continued improvement.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experienced with repair, maintenance & testing of low, medium and high voltage electrical apparatus, including but not limited to: Motors, Circuit Breaker, Distribution Transformers, and Power Transformers
- Experienced with Electrical Test Equipment, such as: High Potential Test Set, Doble Power Factor Test Set, Low Resistance Measurement Test Set, Transformer Turns Ratio Test Set
- Experienced with safe rigging techniques and safe operation of overhead and jib cranes
- Experienced with proper use of power tools, drill press, band saw, hand grinders and air tools
- Ability to read and understand & interpret instruction books, wiring diagrams & schematics and company procedures
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must be able to give and receive direction to maintain a safe work environment for oneself and the team.
- Must have a good prior work safety record
- Must be able to provide experience of mechanical aptitude
- OSHA crane and rigging
- Fork Truck
- Successful completion of an approved apprenticeship program, trade school or equivalent
- Experience working as an electrician
- Spray painting and sandblasting experience
- Tool repair experience
- Rubber Insulating Goods Testing experience
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm