Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking an entry level Energy Analyst to join the firm’s market analytics practice.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful growing consultancy that provides integrated planning, policy, and strategic decision making advice to the North America electricity and natural gas industries.
If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career.
The position will be located in our Worcester, MA or Portland, ME office.
- Provide analysis to support the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities
- Perform data acquisition, data reporting, and chart/graph creation, primarily using Excel Research electric and natural gas market data
- Maintain energy market databases
- Gain/have a strong fundamental understanding of the power markets
- Operate power system, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models
- Analyze load/usage data
- Research and analyze, wholesale and retail markets, gas and electric utility tariffs, and regulatory filings
- Provide general support for consulting and marketing operations
- Highly quantitative, with the ability to do thorough analysis
- Problem solver with a ‘why not’ attitude
- Strong Excel skills, with an ability to build models that use features such as vlookup, hlookup, formula relationships, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Experience with MatLab or R is desirable
- Strong English and communication skills. This is a must when speaking and engaging with clients both verbally and written
- The ability to multi-task in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment
- Open to working late, including weekends, as needed, to ensure successful completion of client engagements
- Willing to devote hours outside of normal work hours to gain the specialized functional skills and industry knowledge needed to be successful
- B.S. in a technical discipline, e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics
- This is an entry level position
Qualified candidates, please email your submit resume and cover letter through the Apply link.