IT Business Systems Analyst Sr
Job Requisition Number
Electric Service Delivery (115)
Graduation with a Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus two (2) years of experience.
Experience may substitute for education for up to (4) years
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
This position coordinates all ESD IT Projects & Technologies for reliability, asset control, as well as application support for engineering, and field crews.
Key support for and not
limited to; Maximo, Mobile Technologies, Work Management, (STORMS) GIS and Asset Management tools. Also key support on various ESD business units projects & technologies including ADMS, SCADA/EMS, Storm Center and interfaces to support applications.
• To be considered, all relevant employment information must be included in your on-line application.
• Describe your specific experience for each position.
• You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
• Ensure your on-line application is filled out completely.
• Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application.
• Assessments may be used during hiring process.
• This position may require to work after hours support.
• This position may lead projects as necessary.
$32.47 – $42.10
Regular Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 P.M.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
2500 Montopolis Drive
Utility Experience with gas, water, electrical, oil and/or telecommunications with the following Preferred Qualifications :
1. Experience working with utility enterprise applications such as work and asset management systems (City of Austin/Austin Energy: STORMS, Maximo, Mobility Work Management system, Metering, CC&B, or comparable systems.)
2. 2 years of experience working with internal customers (such as executive management) and external customers.
3. Experience with requirements gathering for RFP and developing statement of work for business cases.
4. Experience conducting research on new and existing system upgrades and/or replacements.
5. Experience developing contracts, including but not limited to Statements of Work, Service Level Agreements, Request for Proposals, and requirements for services on hardware and/or software.
6. Experience working effectively with teams, organization, and meeting deadlines within multi-year software implementation projects.
7. Experience working with ISO 9001, defining process improvement excellence.
8. Experience participating in utility implementation projects.
9. Experience working in a public sector.
10. Experience with scope schedules, budgets, and resources including but not limited to artifacts, dependencies, critical path, milestones, issues/risks, and deliverables.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Partner with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial and operations
requirements and systems goals2.
Lead requirements gathering sessions to elicit requirements, specifications, business processes and
recommendations related to potential IT solutions3.
Create more complex models, use cases, process flows, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide
direction to developers, designers, and vendors4.
Develop statement of work for use in requests for proposals5.
Evaluate compatibility and interoperability of commercial off-the-shelf or in-house technology systems6.
Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving
or further leveraging these systems 7.
Perform cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in making IT business decisions8.
Conduct research on software and hardware products and technology services to justify recommendations
and to support purchasing efforts9.
Write and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas
in IT applications across the organization 10.
Coordinate and perform tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, training and other
- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of concepts and principles of application programming, database and system design including
Internet and network architectures•
Knowledge of legacy and web-based systems interfaces•
Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs and flow charts•
Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and total cost of ownership modeling•
Skill in performing requirements development, process modeling, reporting and project management tools•
Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modeling techniques•
Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address
Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in
achieving organizational goals•
Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and
Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding•
Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems•
Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when
learning or teaching new concepts•
Ability to view the big picture •
Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies•
Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events
Does this job require a criminal background investigation?
This position requires a criminal background investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.