Requisition ID: 12586
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Smile- you've found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset and our IT team is looking for a Network Architect to join the organization. There will be flexibility with work location in Juno Beach or Miami depending on the candidate. Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered:
• Ability to communicate and present business requirements and architecture plans to business, leadership and technology teams.
• Review and recommend improvements to Operations Control and Governance systems and processes.
• Experience with Agile methodology and Cloud Infrastructure Best Practices.
• Telecom Carrier Technical Capability Knowledge
• Ability to conduct customer assessments which includes AS-IS, TO-BE, "gap analysis" phased technology plans, project plans and audit documentation for ICM, UCCX, UCCE and CVP solutions.
• Ability to support team on customer presentation, RFP responses and Cisco EBC sessions. Work to create estimates and detailed staffing plans for large complex Cisco solutions including contact center.
• Ability to develop internal and customer-facing documentation for Cisco ICM, UCCE-X and CVP solutions network and hardware requirements in order to support ICM, UCCE-X and CVP solutions set:
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please apply today!!
This position serves as the top level technical expert and visionary, responsible for the development of strategy, design and implementation of an assigned technology or for the network or infrastructure components to support that strategy. Employees in this role produce documented frameworks, architectures and plans, which describe how to manage the implementation and integration of a technical environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborates with end users, team members, and technology stakeholders, to define business requirements for systems development
• Provides subject matter expertise, direction and assistance to analysts, developers, architects and end users
• Communicates and enforces the technology standards policy, as pertains to the integration domain
• Partners with other Architects and project teams, to ensure integration of application / infrastructure architectures with enterprise blueprints and roadmaps
• Provides project oversight and support, to ensure implementations are consistent with defined architecture as well as consistent with business needs
• Collaborates with supported business segments to ensure continuous improvement of application performance and scalability
• Translates business requirements into an architecture vision
• Recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of technologies and a strong awareness of company strategic business plans
• Provides guidance to junior members of the team
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:7+ years
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• Supplier/Vendor Relationships
• Market research
• Architecture (High level design)
• Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001)
Location: Miami, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.