Cross Texas Transmission, LLC (“CTT”) is a transmission‐only electric utility in the ERCOT region of Texas, regulated by the Public Utility Commission of Texas. CTT owns and operates 345kV transmission assets in the Panhandle region of Texas. CTT’s facilities include a field operations complex in Amarillo and critical control centers located in Austin. The Austin location also serves as CTT’s corporate headquarters for legal, IT/OT, planning, accounting and regulatory compliance. This position will be located in the Austin office.
This position will function as a mid‐level Help Desk Analyst working with both corporate Information
Technology (IT) and critical control center Operation Technology (OT) systems. As a Help Desk Analyst, this individual will provide customer support, service and technical support through analysis and problem resolution to enable installation, maintenance, education, implementation and documentation of a variety of software and hardware technologies using remote communication or via phone to the client or the end user.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS – SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
- Provide excellent phone‐based services to IT users for basic hardware and software setups on desktop LAN configurations.
- Configuration and resetting of network access accounts whenever required.
- Installation of new hardware and software.
- Processing software and hardware support requests by coordinating user setups, installations and upgrades.
- Provide training to end users.
- Provide Tier 2 support across the CTT organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must be self‐motivated, disciplined and possess effective skills necessary for the job as described.
- Required skills include good communication, organization, critical thinking and a strong knowledge of modern software applications and document management strategies. Knowledge and understanding of electric utility business principles, compliance programs and operations is a plus.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Advanced IT certification from Microsoft (CompTIA A+, MCSA/MSCE, ITIL Foundation)
- 3 years of troubleshooting experience with hardware or software customer services.
- A diploma or high school education with technical training.
- Knowledge of Windows‐DOS and all other Microsoft applications and laptop troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of system imaging and application deployment tools.
- Experience supporting CIP compliance in the electric utility business is a plus supporting CIP compliance in the electric