We are seeking an experienced management individual to oversee the day-to-day activities of the Distribution Operations Center (DOC) to ensure safe and responsible monitoring and operation of the electric distribution and gas distribution systems during normal and emergency conditions. He or she will be responsible for managing staff that are the heartbeat of the organization. The Distribution Operations Center team coordinates with other areas within the Company to ensure that the energy needs of our customers and the community are being met.
Select Job Duties:
- Provides oversight and manages all activities of the DOC to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the electric and gas distribution systems during normal and emergency conditions including distribution of work orders to field personnel responding to emergency and routine service requests and responding to emergency situations by identifying problems and directing crews to sites needing inspection or repair.
- Supervises the performance and work activities of staff. Develops and manages annual work plans, training criteria, professional development opportunities, and key goals to achieve departmental objectives.
- Oversees utilization of the Energy Management System (EMS) and Distribution Management System (DMS) to ensure system conditions are effectively monitored and operation of electric distribution and gas distribution facilities are within established operating criteria (e.g., operating guides) and operating limits (e.g., voltage limits, pressure limits, etc.) through proper analysis to minimize customer outages, prevent equipment damage, and prevent escalation of system disturbances.
- Oversees the effective utilization and dispatch of Company field personnel during routine and emergency operations including Gas, Electric, and Meter and Connection crews as well as creating and implementing electric switching procedures and associated tagging procedures to ensure system integrity and safety of personnel.
Education and Experience
- Three to five years of management experience in a utility operations center.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, electrical power distribution, electrical power engineering, natural gas distribution/service, or other relevant major or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in various aspects of electric systems operations and/or gas systems operations or its equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of methods and practices involved in constructing, operating, maintaining, and repairing electric and gas systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of emergency and security policies and procedures.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Excellent supervisory and human relations skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and able to identify/articulate key points of technical information taking recipient's needs into account when speaking or writing.
- Proven knowledge and application of excellent customer service skills for internal and external customers.
- Ability to adapt to new technology and trends in the daily operation of the electric and gas systems.