JOB TITLE: Manager, Engineering
Department: Distribution Engineering
Position Number: M6M003
Division: Electric Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Electric Operations
Location: North Ft. Myers
Work hours: 40/week and additional hours as needed
This position manages and directs the staff directly responsible for LCEC’s planning and the design of all transmission, substation, and distribution facilities and the project management of the construction of those facilities maintaining budget compliance.
- Manage the design of all transmission, substation, and distribution facilities, and updating design and construction specifications and the requirements handbook for customer interconnection
- Oversee the yearly construction plans for the electric system that includes project management and budgetary compliance.
- Oversee the short and long term planning functions of the electric system and prepare the T&D Budget to ensure meeting reliability goals, budgetary goals, and customer loading criteria
- Ensure NERC Compliance with applicable standards
- Administer all easement, contracts, and regulatory permits necessary for the design of facilities
- Oversee the mapping of all electric facilities and updates to the GIS system
- Lead and develop employees. Create and maintain an environment that builds talent. Provide for performance management through feedback and coaching. Provide for staffing, training and development
- Perform managerial/supervisory duties and responsibilities in conformance with corporate expectations (example: manage within approved budgetary parameters)
- Drive organizational change and process improvements
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in an Engineering or Operations position for an electric utility
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role overseeing Engineering or Operations with progressively increased leadership roles
- Solid financial analytical skills and proven ability to manage Capital and O&M Budgets
- Proven ability to develop strategic initiatives to support the needs of the business
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects
- Effective communications skills (verbal & written). Evidence of influence at senior leadership levels
- Proven track record of providing leadership to meet established goals and foster an environment of continuous improvement and professional development
- Registration as a professional engineer in the state of Florida or registration in another state with the ability, through reciprocity, to obtain registration in Florida within six (6) months of employment.
- Advanced degree (MBA preferred)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be able to perform the duties described above with only reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to drive, sit for long periods of time, walk through local field conditions, and lift weight up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Mostly inside air-Conditioned office work and occasional trips outside.
This position is responsible for Managing the operation of an electric system and must be available by appropriate communication methods after hours.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a drug test which will include screening for tobacco and background check.