Assisting the Director of Customer Service Oversight and Stakeholder Relations in overseeing LIPA’s Service Provider’s (PSEG LI) performance with respect to customer-facing systems, processes and programs, the Manager will work with the Operations Oversight department, the Service Provider, and Department of Public Service (DPS) staff to develop and analyze data, information, reports, key performance indicators, etc. to assess the performance of the Service Provider and to identify best practices and opportunities for technology innovation and procedural and process improvements.
The Manager will carry out this responsibility by:
- Monitoring and assessing the Service Provider’s performance in meter reading, billing, collection, and related back-office functions through review of reported performance, field observation, and investigations as required.
- Assessing the Service Provider’s performance against existing metrics and targets
- Developing new metrics and changes to existing metrics
- Monitoring improvement initiatives
- Reviewing and analyzing results of customer satisfaction surveys to identify opportunities for improvement
- Assessing the Service Provider’s progress in utilizing advanced technologies to improve service and customer choices, including advanced metering and technologies that promote customer engagement and interaction with the utility.
- Developing and maintaining familiarity with industry best practices and performance trends in customer service and related application of new technology.
- Identifying areas requiring in-depth review and coordinating with LIPA’s Director of Audit
The Manager will also:
- Assist the Director in reviewing the Service Provider’s proposals and implementation of programs under the Utility 2.0 Long Range Plan and Annual Updates
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Service Provider and DPS staff to facilitate oversight of Service Provider’s performance
- Support Operations Oversight Department’s Emergency Oversight activities during storm and other events.
- Review proposed operating and capital budgets, and monthly and year-to-date variances from approved budgets
- Assist the Director and the Manager of Customer Service Oversight with complaint and appeal resolution.
- Perform other duties and job functions as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in utility operations with emphasis on customer service and technology applications.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics or Engineering with strong emphasis on quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in applying analytical tools, methodologies, and frameworks to business or policy issues in the electric or natural gas industries.
- Ability to analyze processes and data related to service provider’s performance and identify key trends and anomalies
- Ability to communicate effectively with Operations Oversight and senior staff on matters related to the service provider’s performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including communicating with technical and managerial audiences
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Project management skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Adaptable to changing business conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as build consensus and support teams in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail for timely and accurate completion.
LIPA offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to Barbara Ann Dillon, Director of Human Resources and Administration, at OperationsOversightJob@lipower.org .
LIPA is an equal opportunity employer.