We currently have great job opportunities for experienced Mechanical Engineer at our Centralia, WA coal fired power generation station. A Mechanical Engineer provides engineering technical support to Operations, Maintenance and Project Management teams for Centralia Plant. Accountable for ensuring technical expertise and engineering input is provided into asset operational and maintenance decisions to help achieve operational goals and maintain technical compliance within internal and external requirements. This position requires the individual to conduct design changes, perform plant inspections, equipment testing, walk downs, shop visits, and take responsibility as the technical lead for specified plant systems. The incumbent is responsible as the Centralia Plant Main Turbine engineer.
- Accountable to identify and communicate the resolution of technical issues arising from detrimental operating conditions and equipment conditions.
- Accountable as the technical resource for the following plant systems: Main condenser, circulating water (including CWCW and BCW), main turbines (including valves, EHC, LO), aux turbines (including valves, EHC, LO), and feedwater & condensate.
- Accountable to provide technical support for Operations, Maintenance and Project Management teams at Centralia for the full inventory of power plant equipment within area of responsibility.
- Accountable to perform equipment and system risk assessments and condition assessments for equipment area of responsibility, providing technical input into the asset management process informing the Technical Plan.
- Accountable to provide technical support for projects, turnarounds forced outages and contract/specification technical content.
- Accountable to understand and comply with the technical documentation management processes and standards.
- Accountable to perform and coordinate engineering design work for equipment area of responsibility.
- Accountable to understand and adhere to the engineering O&M budget, and the Technical Plan capital budget.
- Accountable to ensure work is performed safely and within TransAlta’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Accountable to lead or participate in Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFA) for equipment or systems.
- Accountable to evaluate and/or assist in determining Preventative Maintenance (PM) intervals and scope for plant equipment.
- Accountable for turbine scope identification, work coordination, and implementation at Centralia Plant. This includes interfacing with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and maintaining turbine records/correspondence.
- Accountable to provide recommendations in your area of expertise, including recommendations for product, process, or service improvements.
- Accountable for thermography and acoustic emission data collection and analysis.
- Accountable to practice engineering in accordance with the state of Washington Board of Registration for Professional Engineers code of ethics, and TransAlta’s Professional Practice Management Plan (PPMP).
- B.S. in Engineering from an approved Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) institution.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, or the ability to obtain one.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental theories, principles, and concepts of engineering.
- Technical knowledge for equipment area of responsibility.
- Awareness and understanding of applicable regulations and legislations that apply to the power generation industry in the US.
- Experienced steam turbine engineering.
- Siemens-Westinghouse turbine background and outage-related overhaul experience preferred.
- Knowledge of equipment risk assessment and condition assessment practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the practices and processes associated with project management, project engineering and engineering design in the power generation industry.
- Knowledge of Management of Change practice
- Knowledge of predictive, preventative, and condition-based maintenance.
- Knowledge of plant operation within functional area.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, vacation and retirement.
TransAlta is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce.