Leidos is hiring an Operational Energy Specialist in the Washington, DC area.
Leidos supports the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Operational Energy) (SAF/IEN) with project management and policy support subject matter experts. Each year about $9B, or 7-8% of the Air Force budget has gone to purchase energy. Approximately 86%, or $7.2B, is operational energy (mostly aviation fuel). The Air Force Operational Energy Program vision is "Mission assurance through energy assurance." SAF/IEN will achieve that vision through improving resiliency, optimizing demand, and assuring supply with the objective of increasing efficiency 10% by 2020 (using 2011 baseline).
The Operational Energy Specialist will support this overall vision, the associated goals and objectives and the following duties:
- Independent research and analysis to assist government personnel with operational energy related briefings/presentations
- Perform analysis on potential and existing aviation fuel efficiency initiatives
- Provide input to annual energy plans, strategic basing, responses to senior leaders related to aviation energy
- Preparing formal and informal operational energy task documents and inquiry responses by coordinating and collaborating with staffs and agencies across various government and non-government individuals, groups and activities.
- Consolidating, coordinating, developing and providing all associated pertinent operational energy documents
- Developing, tracking and providing status and resolution of designated operational energy action plans.
• Bachelor's degree required with 2+ years related experience.
• Ability to pass background checks for access into the Pentagon and military installations
• Demonstrated successful experience with supporting organizational leadership
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office as well as written and oral communications