At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Operations Manager is responsible for safe, reliable, and environmental compliant operation of the facility. Evaluates and manages plant performance and initiates improvement affecting reliability, availability and efficiency. Operates the plant in a manner that minimizes the cost of generation and maximizes profitability while maintaining the long-term viability of the station assets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct, plan and coordinate the day-to-day activities of operating personnel to meet generation schedules including efficient utilization of fuel as it relates to unit operation and fuel handling.
- Manage HR, including personnel development, performance management, and labor relations in accordance with the CBA if applicable. Administer company and station policies/procedures.
- Participate in station strategic and business planning initiatives.
- Develop and manage the operating groups O&M budget and expenditures
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements and maintain environmental stewardship.
- Provide communication and reporting of plant status and activities to support plant objectives
- Perform other duties and handle special projects as assigned.
- BS in engineering OR
- Associates Degree with 8+ years experience OR
- H. S. Diploma with 10+ years experience
- Minimum 8 years power plant (or related) experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory/managerial experience
- Ability to acquire applicable State License in required time period
- Experience in one of the following: Engineering OR Maintenance OR Work Management
- Experience as one of the following: Operator OR Foreman OR Shift Manager
- Professional Certification or Recognition
- Function Executive Level Appl
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of fossil power plant.
- Knowledge of State, Local and Federal environment regulations as they apply to power plant operations.
- Leadership capabilities, able to engage others in the required process and hold people accountable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Masters Degree in engineering, business, or related field
- Multi-site experience
- Staff Maintenance OR Operations OR Engineering experience
- Collective bargaining experience
- FLS experience
- Previous experience leading an operations team
- Position reports to Site General or Plant Manager
- Manage up to 7 direct reports, with supervisory responsibilities for represented and/or non-represented craft personnel.
- Direction of plant operations impacts directly on the safe, reliable and environmental compliant operation of the plant(s)
- Direction of plant operations complying with Federal and State regulations directly impacts on the company liability and public image and ultimately can affect the cost of product
- Direction and approval of operational or design changes affects the reliability, performance, and safety of personnel and/or equipment.
- Responsible for managing department budget
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Albany Green Energy (00384)
508 Liberty Expressway SE