Position Title: Plant Engineer
Unit: Brandywine Power Facility, Brandywine Maryland
POSITION PURPOSE: Plans, directs and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in power plant by performing the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: While positions are continually changing, and specific duties and expectations may evolve over time, the Plant Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Establish standards and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedures, inspection, and maintenance of equipment.
- Directs employee technical training and administers technical portion of qualifications testing.
- Produces accurate, timely and informative reports.
- Performs engineering testing to support NERC Compliance.
- Responsible for primary management of the Environmental Compliance at the plant. Acts as the Environmental Liaison to owners contractor for all state and regulatory permits.
- Participates in the planning, preparation, scheduling and work scope development for scheduled plant outages.
- Functions as Plant Manager as directed by same in his absence.
- Participates in troubleshooting plant problems.
- Focuses on areas for plant improvement including the areas of fuel savings, heat rate, safety, cost reduction and operational simplicity. Provides technical guidance for projects that are implemented to address these issues.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facility maintenance.
- Helps with the preparation of the budget and administration of same.
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Does not directly supervise employees. However, as part of the managerial responsibilities, will participate in the indirect supervision of employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. These responsibilities become direct supervisory responsibilities when acting on behalf of the Plant Manager.
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency
- Effective writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision