If you are looking to work alongside technical experts in the power industry, use your knowledge and experience, enjoy traveling, then this position is for you! SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Power Systems Engineer position with an emphasis in Studies in our Pullman, WA headquarters.
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
Power Systems Engineer
- Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system studies and related SEL products.
- Train and assist customers with the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Participate in the preparation of functional design specifications.
- Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Power System Emphasis or relevant discipline
- 2+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and demonstrated experience using PSSE, ETAP, and/or RTDS
- Strong electrical power systems knowledge
- Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering with Power System Emphasis or relevant discipline
- Engineer in Training certificate
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project engineering experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.