Requisition ID: 14903
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Join an innovative and dynamic company rapidly expanding into the pipeline sector. Use your experience and construction management expertise to build dynamic pipeline projects located throughout the US.
As a member of Engineering and Construction’s execution team you will interface with construction contractors, project engineers, and executive management on a regular basis.
You will participate in project design and estimating and be solely responsible for the successful execution of compressor stations, measurement and regulation facilities and pipelines.
Extensive pipeline experience is highly preferred
This position is responsible for the overall management of assigned organization and projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. The successful candidate manages the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to develop, license/permit, erect, start-up, and commence commercial operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works collaboratively with resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities and work plans
• Meets corporate objectives with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Manages department resources to provide effective early-stage project development support
• Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures and policies
• Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests
• Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed
• Leads project meetings and reviews budget, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
• Interfaces with project's designated management committees, or acts as Executive Director of project activities
• Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
• Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:10+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance/Construction
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (0010)
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.