Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Engineer II – Protection (Engineering Services) in Phoenix, AZ. SEL serves electric power utilities and industrial companies worldwide through the design, manufacture, supply, and support of products and services for high voltage electrical system protection, control, monitoring, automation, metering, and integration.
Duties include but are not limited to project engineering, design and project management, tender evaluation/estimation, product support, on-site commissioning, customer training, fault finding, drawings, sales and customer visits. A successful candidate will be able to complete project delivery in these areas on time.
Desirable personal qualities include a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving, strong sense of ownership, and a work ethic that is proactive, self-motivated, hardworking, goal orientated and with a very strong interest in new technology.
Project Engineer II – Protection
- Possesses, understands and applies knowledge and experience of power system protection and related SEL products in order to complete complex assignments.
- Lead in training and assisting customers with the creation, design configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Lead in assigning, completing and implementing work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Lead others to create and finalize customer approved functional design specifications for projects.
- Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 6+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and power system protection practices and philosophies
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated proven knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.