If you are looking to apply your expert knowledge and experience, enjoy traveling internationally and providing technical support to engineers and customers in the power industry, then this position is for you! SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Engineer III position with an emphasis in protection in our Pullman, WA office.
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
Project Engineer III – Protection
- Serve as technical lead and actively participate in complex project conceptual and detail design, execution, development, and support activities crossing multiple projects in protection and automation.
- Identify, prepare and present successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Expert knowledge of system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Lead project teams to resolve customer concerns and foster customer satisfaction.
- Manage projects by reviewing and approving scope, schedule and budget for assignments.
- Ensure project team deliverables are within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Collaborate in SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 8+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems or industrial automation system practices
- Expert knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise project teams
- Excellent writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineers License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.