Environmental Systems Corporation designs, manufactures and supports environmental compliance software within the air emissions compliance industry. Our team of dedicated professionals is committed to creating solid products derived from experience and knowledge. Always looking to the horizon of the industry’s next need, ESC will continue to be the thought-leader within the air emissions compliance industry. We are actively looking for a Software Implementation Engineer to join our team in Austin, Texas.
Successful candidates for this job are self-motivated, creative problem-solvers who propose solutions and flexible to constant change. This position integrates complex regulatory PC-based software and hardware products. This includes testing and installations at customer sites.
- Participates on engineering tasks involved in the integration of PC-based software and hardware for the commercial marketplace. This includes onsite travel for installation of software and hardware products (20-35% overnight travel depending upon project mix).
- Participates in system design, configuration control, cost control, product pricing analyses, system manufacture and assembly. Responsible for system support including software, documentation, and customer service.
- § May assist in cost estimates, bid and proposal preparation and overall project analysis. Interfaces with clients on particular phases of project. Assists with resolution of client/customer requests, problems, etc. May participate in marketing/public relations activities.
- Participates in software product development regarding regulatory requirements.
- This position requires self-management of schedules, work priorities, customer requests, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, computer science, math or related field.
- Database knowledge (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications including word processing, spreadsheet software applications, and presentation software
- Effective cross-discipline communication (ability to work with a variety of staff, both internal and external, and across multiple functions)
- Strong Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work with peers in a fast-paced environment
- Needs to be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work load as well as ask questions and seek guidance on work issues
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel overnight 20-35% of the time, depending on project mix
What we offer:
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Competitive Pay/Benefits
- Relaxed Work Environment
- Training/Learning Opportunities
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of a disability.
Candidates offered positions will need to successfully pass a background evaluation and a pre-employment drug screen.