Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Oversees the implementation of a company-wide Protection Services program. Maintains physical security standards for Company facilities and manages the development of annual capital budgets to ensure facilities meet appropriate standards.
- Manage, develop and empower assigned Protection Services staff. Perform overall staff management functions including development of departmental priorities and goals, staffing, performance management, development opportunities, etc. Create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Provide direction in the development, implementation, and administration of physical security programs, practices, and policies to meet organizational objectives and non-CIP regulatory requirements. Provide security advice and consultation to business units related to information and recommendations on physical security policies, investigations, incident response and deterrent/prevention strategies.
- Assist in the development and management of annual capital budgets for security services projects based on needs identified through the department Vulnerability Risk Assessment process, informal physical surveys and facility needs. Assist in the overview of vendor contracts and assist the Systems Security team to manage the supervision of installation of projects. Prioritize projects based on regulatory requirements (non- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) assets) and assist the CIP Manager in the development of annual installation schedules.
- Research and benchmark current physical security trends and technology to ensure that the best and most cost effective equipment is being used to meet the requirements based on standards and changing needs. Conduct accurate and timely threat assessments across all areas of responsibility. Coordinate and act as liaison with Federal, State, Local Law Enforcement and Intelligence Agencies.
- Responsible to manage and coordinate the physical security Vulnerability Risk Assessment program, security awareness program, investigations program, special event program and Capital budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in security, criminal justice, or management and or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years security system and project management experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to develop effective processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet situational demands.
- This position is subject to 24-hour on call status and response.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel, as needed, with limited advance notice.
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate security within a critical infrastructure company desired.
- CPP (Certified Protection Professional) desired.
- Experience developing and managing capital budgets
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 42690:Security Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 7025
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com