Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? Are you a savvy storyteller? If so, we’re looking for you.
We recognize that storytelling is critical to maintaining a strong brand reputation and we’re seeking someone that will oversee content creation (infographics, videos, etc.) for use in our internal and external communications, weaving stories to support the corporate brand and initiatives. Additionally, we want someone that will provide vision and leadership for the PSEG Long Island digital brand – social media, intranet, external website, the PluggedIn blog, and social advertising.
You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to build and grow a digital audience. A top-tier candidate must have a knack and love for writing and storytelling and experience in blogging to achieve business goals.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Develop and implement PSEG Long Island’s social media strategy and digital presence. Responsible for using social media to drive brand awareness, building and furthering support/adoption of PSEG Long Island’s initiatives and programs
• Develop/create content storylines (including photos, infographics, video, etc.) for use internally, externally and across PSEG Long Island’s entire digital presence – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and YouTube
• Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about PSEG Long Island, and/or industry, from existing customers and brand new audiences
• Research, evaluate and recommend new sponsored content platforms for brand engagement
• Serve as lead writer and editor of PluggedIn, PSEG Long Island’s blog
• Manage the digital/social advertising program, running regular social promotions and campaigns and tracking the results
• Provide feedback to other contributors and edit other writers’ content
• Work alongside the communication and customer service marketing teams to distribute content that educates our audience and supports marketing goals
• Assist in the development and distribution of internal communications content, including corporate reminders, memos, executive emails, and more
• Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on blog and social media ROI
Required Education, Competencies and Skills:
• BA/BS degree with minimum 4 years’ work experience in corporate communications or no degree with 8 years’ experience, with at least two years’ of involvement in the creation and strategy development of social media
• Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
• Creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
• Proficiency in using social media software to monitor social media conversations
• An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
Preferred Education, Competencies and Skills:
• Degree in Communications, English, Journalism or Social Media
• Five (5) years of experience / involvement in the creation and strategy development of social media
• Experience as a Digital Content Manager for a large/well-known brand
• Experience and skills with Adobe Creative Suite; video editing software
• Experience with Sprinklr
Business Unit- Long Island Business Services
If you are a current PSEG employee and if you are offered an opportunity with PSEG Long Island, you will be treated as a new hire. Please note that as a new hire to the Long Island subsidiary, your benefits will change and generally will be consistent with other similarly situated PSEG Long Island new hires. Similarly, for PSEG Long Island employees who accept job opportunities with PSEG or any of its subsidiaries (other than PSEG Long Island), their benefits would change and generally be consistent with other similarly situated new hires of that company.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.