Ameren Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, and the company's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. Ameren Missouri's mission is to power the quality of life for its 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. The company's service area covers 64 counties and more than 500 communities including the greater St. Louis area. For more information, visit AmerenMissouri.com or follow Ameren Missouri on Facebook or Twitter.
Under direct but not constant supervision and working on a rotating shift or straight shift schedule as required, to perform a variety of general labor and porter type work in all areas, both in and on all types of plant equipment and service facilities associated with the Radiological Controlled Area as well as assisting Rad/Chem personnel in performing their assigned tasks.
Develop and maintain complete understanding of all facets of the plant emergency program and plant security system. To react as appropriate in the protection of the public in case of an operational emergency. To serve as an active participant in these programs.
1. A high school diploma or have passed a high school equivalency examination.
2. At least one of the following:
a. Three years of experience doing comparable work.
b. Achieve a rank of E5 or above as a Navy ELT.
c. Associates degree in Chemistry, Health Physics, or Radiation Protection.
d. Achieve NRRPT registration.
3. Successful completion of the GPPB and TECH tests.
4. Successful completion of Journeyman Program requirements.
5. Sustained proof of ability to perform duties of this job through demonstration in
normal work assignments or by examination when ability may be questioned.
1. Must have good eyesight, good reflexes, good hearing and no color deficiency in vision.
2. Pass Callaway Plant access requirements, including medical exams.
3. Candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The Company will provide reasonable accommodation in appropriate circumstances when consistent with applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.