Southwest Gas is seeking an action oriented and collaborative Regulatory Professional with a strategic mindset to join their Regulatory Team. Candidates should have a minimum of eight years of relevant regulatory-related work experience plus a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, accounting, finance or similar field. This position will be responsible for providing direction and oversight over all technical matters pertaining to various regulatory initiatives. The position is considered a technical subject matter expert on regulation related matters.
- Technical preparation and development of all regulatory filings, testimony and supporting schedules to ensure work products effectively advance the Company’s regulatory strategies, including providing direction to internal departments to develop analyses on topics related to regulatory issues
- Development of regulatory proposals, including critical review and critique of internal and external work product, to ensure the Company is achieving its regulatory objectives
- Preparation and review of various forecasting and budgeting analyses
- Development of complex and technical analyses in support of various regulatory initiatives, including cost of service and rate design related matters
- Work collaboratively with all departments company-wide and consult with internal departments as appropriate to identify changes and needs that may impact regulatory strategy
- Direct, coordinate, and facilitate the proactive monitoring and communication of emerging regulatory issues and the potential impact on the Company’s operations and cost of service
- Serve as a subject matter expert witness in regulatory proceedings, including maintaining an awareness of various industry issues, and participating in various conferences, workshops and hearings related to regulations and rate making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
There are broad precedents and practices which the incumbent uses to determine how this job is performed. This position requires a minimum of eight years of relevant regulatory-related work experience plus a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, accounting, finance or similar field. In addition, this position requires the demonstration of a high level of analytic problem solving, knowledge of spreadsheet software, and the ability to perform complex computer model development. In addition this position requires the demonstration of an advanced level of technical writing ability.