Job Title Senior Communication Technician
Job ID 295230
Location: Energy Control Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Functionally Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Install, operate, and maintain various types of communications equipment in order to ensure that District communications capabilities meet customer service and operational requirements.
- Install, operate, and maintain communications equipment including mobile radio equipment, base stations, microwave and fiber optic transmission system equipment, and telephone, data, intercom and other types of electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot system problems in order to maintain communication system reliability.
- Test, repair and rebuild various types of equipment.
- Locate the source of customer radio and television interference complaints.
- Identify and escalate, to direct management, improvement opportunities related to work practices, procedures, documentation, tools or equipment.
- Apply new work method in the execution of your work.
- Learn from others best practices as related to your work.
- Participate in improvement initiatives.
- Adhere to all defined budget or expense management policies and procedures. Report any potential variance in an appropriate time frame for corrective actions to be taken.
- Provide effective care for all corporate: property, tools and equipment in order to minimize cost.
- Prepare reports or input to existing reports with accurate timely data.
Cross Functional Working Relationships (CFWR):
- Ensure adherence to all assigned CFWR.
- Work collaboratively with peers & other work groups.
- Understand and comply with all OPPD policies, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Must qualify for Fort Calhoun and NERC unescorted access.
- Will perform all duties in a manner which complies with the District’s safety policies.
- Complete all corporate and Business Unit specific compliance training. Adhere to all internal procedures and controls as required.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Identify any issues related to adhering to any of the documentation.
- Escalate any violations you observe to the appropriate management role.
- Stop work if safety related issues exist to people, equipment and plant/dept.
- Support the planning and design of internal Business Unit, divisional, and departmental specific communications.
- Promptly review, adopt and reinforce/champion Corporate & Business Unit specific communications and directives.
- Actively listen and participate in all communication meetings and provide feedback as required.
- Effectively share communications with co-workers.
- Utilize the most effective medium for the information you are communicating.
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships. Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with Departmental policy.
- Adherence to all company/departmental policies, procedures and overarching safety expectations included but not limited to the District’s Safety Manual, the Hold Order System and the Personal Protective Grounding Manual.
- Must be available for overtime work and call-outs as required to ensure continuance of efficient operation as determined by Management.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of equivalent work experience or an Associate’s Degree in electronics technology or a related discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with:
- Installing, operating, and maintaining communications equipment in one or more of the following areas:
- 2-way Land Mobile Radio (LMR)equipment including base stations, repeaters, infrastructure and transmission system
- microwave and fiber optic transmission system equipment
- telephone (PBX and VoIP), paging, data, intercom systems
- Troubleshooting system problems in order to maintain communication system reliability.
- Testing, repairing and rebuilding various types of equipment.
- A valid Driver’s License
- A Valid General Radio Telephone Operator License.
- Experience locating the source of customer radio and television interference complaints.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in an engineering or computer science related field.
- A+ certification.
- Network+ certification.
- Tower climbing experience.
- Specific physical or environmental demands required of position (ex. lifting requirements):
- Frequent requirements of this position: bending, squatting, stooping, climbing, overhead reaching, lifting 50 pounds from floor to waist, and working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to work with hands, operate hand or power tools, and occasionally test equipment.
- Occasional requirements of this position: pushing and pulling equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, ascend and descend from ladders to service equipment up to 30 ft., Roof top work of heights up to 300 ft.
- Occasionally, work is performed in enclosed/confined spaces and around high traffic environments.
- Must meet established requirements related to color differentiation
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com, on or before July 21, 2017
**PLEASE NOTE**-Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in "DRAFT" form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.