Senior Environmental Specialist – FERC
We are also open to considering candidates that are only interested in a part time, flexible work schedule.
This position can be based out of any of our 30+ US office locations.
We seek a Senior Environmental Specialist, with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) permit filing experience, to be based out of any of our 30+ US office locations.
This individual will lead efforts for the siting, surveying, and permitting of energy infrastructure, with particular emphasis on interstate natural gas projects.
The successful applicant will collaborate with other internal Oil & Gas specialists, and have additional support resources available to assist in project delivery.
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 5-8+ years of experience specific to biological permitting and monitoring, and the ability to manage projects and participate in, or remotely oversee, the associated field related activities.
Must possess knowledge of FERC requirements and related experience with preparing FERC Section 7(c) resource reports and the pre-filing process, environmental permitting, NEPA, relevant environmental regulations and processes, and related environmental considerations.
- Manages environmental regulatory coordination and permitting (local, state and federal), with emphasis on FERC regulated projects
- Coordinates and conducts environmental field surveys for wetlands, waterways, rare species, invasive species, sensitive resources and habitat assessment
- Controls expenditures within limitations of budgets associated with project tasks
- Handles task management and assists with interdisciplinary coordination
- Assists with compliance training and monitoring
- Interfaces with clients to provide project status reports, and ensures customer needs are met
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or higher in environmental related sciences
- 10-15+ years of environmental consulting experience, with a minimum of 5-8+ years specific to biological permitting and monitoring. Specific experience with permitting/consulting with federal, state and local regulatory agencies, particularly FERC, USACE, USFWS, USFS
- Experience preparing technical reports, submitting permit applications, and developing mitigation monitoring plans
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, commitment to quality, and attention to details are required
- Must have experience working on FERC regulated projects
- Knowledge of flora and fauna ecosystems, plant species identification, restoration monitoring and management, and sensitive species-specific habitat assessments
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, species habitat conservation plans, Clean Water Act, and other applicable regulations
- Dependent on the candidate, this position may entail field work. If fieldwork is agreed upon, our selected candidate must be willing and physically able to travel and work in rough terrain; and have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
Our comprehensive benefits program for full time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D