NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Position is responsible for supporting facilities in an assigned region and will operate under direct to general supervision. Support regional leadership in the development of strategic plans and coordination of strategic initiatives associated with assigned portfolio. The position supports management by completing periodic reporting, project analysis, including financial, operational, or technical. Majority of time is spent conducting analyses on issues impacting specific asset or portfolio of assets making recommendations to management, completing due diligence on development projects, ad hoc projects/report development, financial modeling, document management, regulatory analysis, market analysis, and other misc. projects. The position will be responsible for effective communication with internal and external customer groups. Ideal candidates will have MBAs, MFIN, CFA preferred. (Travel is expected to be approximately 5% of time).
Employees in this role support the overall P and L management of one or more NextEra generating assets. Individuals review findings to be presented to senior management. This position supports budgeting and forecasting, analyzing P and L variance, participating in ad hoc and special projects and coordinates with other business units regarding initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Completes complex financial, operational, or technical project analysis
• Conducts analyses regarding issues that have an impact on the operation of a specific functional area and makes recommendations to management
• Leads medium to large project teams that support informed decision making within the business unit
• Maintains project schedules and reviews team member input and documents for technical accuracy
• Performs ad hoc projects, report development, modeling, and other miscellaneous projects
• Oversees discretionary capital improvement or restructuring projects for generating assets
• Generates invoices for land owner payments
• Monitors financings and regulatory requirements for compliance and completion of operational assessments
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:5+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Job Role: Senior Professional
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (0010)
Location: Juno Beach Office
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Recruiter: Gina Vocaturo
Hiring Manager: Nadine Guagliano
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy wiill not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.