Requisition ID: 40351
Job Function/Category: 55600
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This position resides in the Utility Technologies Department of the Asset Management & Centralized Services Organization.
The successful candidate will act as the key contributor to the successful execution of the strategic plan for GIS.
Major duties and responsibilities (include and are not limited to):
- Provide overall management responsibility for all assigned work within Utility Technologies as it pertains to the upkeep of the gas distribution connectivity model.
- Under general supervision of Department Manager, oversee multiple locations responsible for assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of work.
- Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, and safety performance of associates at multiple locations
- Provide insight and schedule resources to support various iniatitives within Utility Technologies that pertain to GIS data
- Achieve the desired results of the organization through the strict adherence of the departments process’ and procedures’
- Use of PSE&G’s Values and Behavioral Standards, sound management practice, skills and a total commitment to teamwork.
- Support AM&CS in accomplishing the desired scorecard results and ensure the quality and quantity of work performed is in compliance with Company standards and procedures, safe work practices, and government laws and regulations
- Focus on measurement of results and familiarity with the use of a scorecard metrics to drive data improvements.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all assigned GIS inquiries, providing advice, guidance and status.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and continually meet deadlines.
- Lead the preparation of work execution plans to define overall GIS objectives based on approved budgets and established priorities.
- Schedule and balance internal resources, identifying potential shortages and request outside resources when necessary.
- Coach, counsel and recognize associates; conduct fact-finding and grievance meetings as required.
- As an employee of PSE&G, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
- BS/BA degree or equivelent experience
- Minimum 7 years Utility experience including 3 years supervisory experience
- In-depth knowledge and relevant experience in all aspects of distribution engineering and knowledge of distribution operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of PSE&G’s organizational structure and the functions and responsibilities of the various engineering and operations departments
- General understanding of labor relations and collective bargaining
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate goals, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with all managerial levels including Senior Managment
- Ability to understand complex business systems (SAP, GIS, DWMS, CAD, etc.)
- Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement, questioning the value of every activity and creating better solutions
- Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity
- Strong PC knowledge of MS Office applications
- Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
- Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Because the job requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision