At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon’s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage the implementation of FCG strategy, processes, and interactions to help Company receive positive assertions from management and attestation from the external auditor regarding the effectiveness of the internal control environment by:
- Completing the SOX program, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and aligned and within program budget.
- Assisting the Manager in leading FCG resources to ensure all program activities and deliverables are executed and documented (including but not limited to: scoping, walkthroughs, design and operational effectiveness testing, RCM creation, and deficiency evaluations) in accordance with Exelon auditing methodology/techniques and program calendar.
- Quality review FCG documentation in assigned areas in order to ensure that all documented work is supported with sufficient evidence and properly and logically filed electronically and safeguarded in order to serve as the official record for use by PCAOB or external auditors.
- Serving as the single point of contact for business unit, process, IT and external audit contacts relating to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance procedures set forth to monitor the company’s internal control environment Support Manager in training Business Unit personnel in testing methodology, techniques, and documentation
- Leading the preparation and delivery of FCG updates and training to Business Unit personnel
- Managing relationships with the business in order to provide input and evaluation of internal control improvements
- Collaborating with other FCG personnel to ensure consistency and coverage of IT General Controls as well as IT Application Controls throughout the company
- Managing the performance of special reviews at the request of Director/Manager
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Review SOX program deliverables (including but not limited to: scoping, walkthrough, Risk and Control Matrices creation, baselining and benchmarking key reports/functionalities/interfaces, design and operational effectiveness testing of IT Application and IT General Controls, deficiency evaluations) and manage the completion of the SOX work program, ensuring working papers support results of examinations, and that findings, conclusions, and recommendations are reported in a clear, concise, and timely manner for the business and are maintained to satisfy requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley(this will involve training self-assessment resources and monitoring their progress, when applicable).
- Serve as liaison/business partner to the business in support of their needs to design or remediate controls – this will include effectively interacting with Senior Management, other key managers, and the external auditor
- Lead the preparation and delivery of FCG updates and training to Business Unit personnel
- Proactively partner with the business to identify changes which could impact the internal control environment
- Proactively partner with the Controller’s group and Internal Audit in the development, implementation, automation, and optimization of financial internal controls
- Actively provide FCG improvement ideas to Manager
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline such as Computer Science, etc.
- Five to eight years experience in an Accounting or Auditing position or related field
- IT audit and/or IT experience including both public accounting and/or within industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated excellence and positive contribution in performing audit, accounting, and/or IT duties
- Strong project management and organization skills a must
- Professional accreditation, e.g. CFA, CPA , CIA, CISA, CFE
- Knowledge of Internal Controls, COSO Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Utility or regulated industry experience a plus
- Will report to the manager of IT Financial Controls and will interact daily with many areas of the Company to help comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Will train, monitor and oversee Company personnel responsible for self-assessment and interface frequently with external auditors to provide updates and receive feedback on the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process
- Travel of approximately 30% is required
Chase Building Chicago (00051)10 S DEARBORN STCHICAGO