Responsible for performing work involving a high degree of complexity, including troubleshooting, installing, repairing, overhauling, calibration, and maintaining components of plant instruments and control systems.
* Requires a High School Diploma or the equivalent, plus an Associates Degree in Electronic Technology or the equivalent training.
* Requires a minimum of three years experience as an Instrument & Controls Technician working on analog, pneumatic, or digital control systems, or completion of the cooperative training program to qualify for this position.
* Must possess a working knowledge of plant process instrumentation and controls. Must have a working knowledge of Power Plant equipment.
Skills and Abilities
* Must be familiar with safety policies and clearance procedures. Must have the ability to carry out assigned duties under emergency situations. Must be able to comprehend and resolve complicated problems. Must have the ability to understand and follow highly technical written and oral instructions. Must have the ability to read schematic and electronic drawings. Must be able to assist other technicians in carrying out assignments under direct supervision.
* Must be able to work in all locations of the plant and grounds to complete work assignments. Must be available to work hours other than normally scheduled hours or days and report to work when called. Must be available to work hours other than normally scheduled hours or days and report to work when called. Must be able to work in extreme heat, high noise levels, dusty conditions, around chemicals, at heights in excess of 200 feet, and in inclement weather conditions. Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, as well as entrance to vessels with small openings. Must be able to work in crowded areas and hard to access areas. Must be able to wear negative pressure breathing equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.