Requisition ID: 36945
Job Function/Category: Procurement
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Staff Associate with primary responsibility for category management and strategic sourcing for several Indirect Services categories. Responsible for implementing the plan and managing the associated financials for the category. The Indirect Services category includes annual spend in excess of $300 million and a high degree of complexity (cross lines of business , technical and often strategic); a Category Lead will manage several sub-categories, that could include Advertising, Building Services / Facilities, Consulting, Environmental Health & Safety, Freight, Human Resources, Legal, Marketing, Printing, Staff Augmentation, and / or Security Services.
This position is an individual contributor role supporting the development and implementation of multi-year strategic plans aligned to operational goals that identify and bring maximum value for the Enterprise. The Category Lead supports the development of sourcing strategies using innovative procurement and electronic commerce tools to leverage total spend and drive savings to PSEG, while providing consistent quality and service levels. The Category Lead must plan and complete spend analyses, market analyses, sourcing projects, negotiations, contract execution, implementation, and supplier performance / supplier relationship management for the sub-categories for which he / she is responsible. The Category Lead will lead cross-functional business teams to implement multi-year strategic plans. The Category Lead will achieve results through supplier measurement evaluations, comprehensive periodic performance tracking, reporting of results and instituting continuous improvement programs with key suppliers.
Responsibilities include fostering change management, client relationship management, communicating contractual commitments across the Enterprise, and representing PSEG in the external marketplace. The Category Lead has no direct reports but will lead cross-functional teams in reviewing and evaluating the categories for which he / she is responsible. The Category Lead will track short- and long-term performance.
• A minimum of 5 years of procurement, category management, contract management or strategic sourcing experience.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, scientific discipline or relevant field is required.
• Candidate must demonstrate experience / familiarity with Indirect Services category management, contract management, and supplier management.
• Strong analytical, market analysis and cost modeling skills.
• Team facilitation, presentation and team leadership skills.
• Must have experience with and the potential to lead large complex work teams and projects across business units.
• Strong change management (people and process) skills and client relationship skills.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to make clear and concise presentations in front of large audiences.
• Thorough knowledge of contract terms and strong negotiation skills.
• Strong computer skills: Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
•MBA in business, finance or scientific field.
• Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, quality control systems (ISO, QS & Lean six sigma), e-sourcing and e-procurement applications a plus.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision