Requisition ID: 40247
Job Function/Category: 55600
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Performs the work required in the inspection and patrol of transmission and distribution plant including mats, or vaults, and isolated towers. Duties in underground plant shall not require removing manhole or hand hole covers or entering manholes. Duties are:
1. Inspect poles, stubs, and braces in accordance with the Company's specifications and classify them for re-inspection or replacement, applying sound judgment especially as to unbalanced stresses.
2. Inspect overhead construction from the ground, inspect trees for trimming or wire clearance and report defects or bad plant conditions. Inspect Company right-of-ways and underground conduit routes.
3. Make special inspections in cases of trouble, reporting conditions in the field promptly and accurately; guard hazards and protect the public.
4. Make routine or special inspections of isolated structures or installations such as cable crossing signs, under-bridge conduits, and lines on private property.
5. Staple ground wire, staple and replace molding, stencil poles, and remove signs or other foreign attachments, where the work can be done from the ground without the use of a ladder.
6. Apply preservative treatment to wood poles at the ground line.
7. Locate and mark out existing underground facilities using drawings or simple locating devices.
8. Record necessary field data and perform other clerical work related to the job.
9. Operate Company car or light truck, in connection with this work.
10. Perform other similar or less skilled work of the occupational group.
Must meet the Company's "General Requirements"; must have all the qualifications of Lineman/Linewoman-Grade 2 and, in addition:
1. Must have had at least two and one-half years' experience as Lineman/Linewoman-Grade 2, or the equivalent.
2. Must be familiar with the characteristics of the various kinds of wood poles and must have the ability to estimate pole height.
3. Must have the ability to acquire a working knowledge of pole and wire stresses or loadings and of the Company's pole inspection specifications as set forth in the Standard Line Construction Handbook.
4. Must have the ability to recognize and appraise hazardous overhead conditions from the ground in order to prevent service failures or safeguard employees and the public.
5. Must have good judgment and the ability to apply it effectively.
6. Must have the characteristics of accuracy and reliability necessary for securing and recording filed data and must be able to write legibly in making reports.
7. Must pass Cast Test
Because the job requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision