Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is a growing, multinational company, dedicated to making electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. We support customers around the world in this critical industry and are looking for an innovative and detailed individual to join our as Accountant supporting our operations in Kazakhstan and Georgia.
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your experience and educational background in accounting to provide proactive and detailed financial support, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform or audit journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliations, and assist in performing month end close tasks and/or in the preparation of tax returns.
2. Prepare analysis of financial results for management review and/or for audit workpapers.
3. Prepare and/or assist with preparation of budgets, projections, product cost analyses, and other analyses, including recommendations to management, and/or assist in documentation of internal controls.
4. Assist with research and planning according to generally accepted accounting principles and/or current tax laws.
5. Assist with and/or lead special projects.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience with Excel as an advanced user
5 or more years of professional accountant experience
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Multilingual in Kazakh, Russian, and English
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
C.P.A., C.M.A., or Master’s Degree
Project accounting experience
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Tax systems
Tax, audit, project, and/or cost accounting experience
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
This position is located in either of our offices in Kazakhstan in Almaty or Atyrau.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.