To ensure the accurate and timely production of the monthly General Ledger (GL). To provide assistance to the Accountants in the production of reports, work papers and documentation necessary to ensure compliance of accounting controls, practices and procedures.
* Ensures timely and accurate completion of the monthly GL.
* Accurate data entry, monthly journal entries, file maintenance, etc.
* Maintains chart of accounts and handles account maintenance requests.
* Prepares, reviews, and distributes management reports during GL closing process.
* Assists in preparing periodic financial reports.
* Prepares energy billings and other billings as requested.
* Reviews purchased power invoices for payments and posts related expenses and accruals to GL.
* Interfaces with I/S in implementing upgrades/modifications to the system.
* Prepares the annual RUS financial reporting.
* Calculates monthly fuel expenses and accruals by reconciling fuel management systems and GL activities.
* Calculates interest during construction amounts and prepares journal entries each month.
* Balances and prepares or reviews the journal entry to record entries from cash receipts and wire transfer journals.
* Reconciles or reviews reconciliations of all bank accounts, including operating and payroll, on a monthly basis.
* Analyzes and reconciles short term investments and related interest income accruals and prepares monthly journal entries of same.
* Prepares preliminary and final deferred debit reports monthly and an expanded version yearly.
* Produce preliminary balance sheets for review during monthly GL closing process.
* Prepares monthly Job Order report for analysis, reconciliation and invoicing.
* Reconciles various GL accounts on a monthly basis, as assigned.
* Assists in the review of short range goals to be accomplished and the assurance that the goals can be achieved within the time frame.
* Assists in the review of current methods and practices and make recommendations to assure the established goals can be attained in an effective and efficient manner.
* Provides assistance in review of system modifications, enhancements, production of reports, and analysis of data.
* Other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
Some travel and work outside of normal business hours. While working in certain areas of the plant there is the potential for exposure to hazards typical of an industrial working environment. Must be able to follow established protective measures including, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; Associates of Arts Degree and equivalent accounting training or related work experience can be substituted for degree at the rate of two years per one year of academics. No experience required with a degree or equivalent.
If access code is present please click on the Employee Tab to enter the access code to post.