Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is a growing, multinational company, dedicated to making electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. We support customers around the world in this critical industry and are looking for an innovative and detailed individual to join our as Accountant supporting our operations in Europe.
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your educational background in accounting to provide proactive and detailed project and financial support, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform account analysis and reconciliations including preparation of journal entries.
2. Assist with research and planning according to current tax laws and/or generally accepted accounting principles.
3. Assist in performing month end close and/or in the preparation of various tax returns.
4. Maintain and reconcile fixed asset or other records.
5. Assist and/or lead special projects.
6. Prepare and analyze financial results of division and/or subsidiary operations for management review.
7. Assist in preparation of budgets, product cost analysis and other analysis.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience with Excel
Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Spanish
Ability to quickly learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work with others remotely
C.P.A., C.M.A., or Masters Degree
Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning or Tax systems
Project, tax, and/or cost accounting experience
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
This position is located in our Madrid, Spain office near the Cuatro Torres business area.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.