Location(s): MN - Roseville
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provide support for various accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing, inventory, building permits and maintaining data files related to each function. A general understanding of the accounting system and how each function is processed within the HomeSmart from Xcel Energy business.Essential Responsibilities
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable functions including daily payment processing and credit card billing. Responsible for billing, collecting and answering customer inquiries regarding HomeSmart billing. Provides all file maintenance.
- Responsible for accurate check in of Service Specialist daily service orders and route sheets and inputs information to service records and accounting systems.
- Performs timekeeping and data entry of all payroll for HomeSmart union and non-union employees.
- Performs accounts payable function. Processes requests for payment according to HomeSmart from Xcel Energy established procedures. Prepares, reconciles, balances bank deposit and weekly cash report.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining, monitoring and performing inventory control processes.
- Responsible for pulling building permits for the HomeSmart South business. Processes building permit requests including the payable and scheduling functions.
- Verifies and researches open service orders daily. Advises management of problems regarding open orders, missing detail, incomplete paperwork etc.
- Perform other specialized tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor and manager. Participate in specialized projects such as serving on quality teams, committees, and process improvement teams.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of clerical and accounting experience
- Knowledge of Accounting principles, and time sheet data entry
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Roseville || MN - Roseville || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 06390:IO Operating Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16623
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com