Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Assists with performing general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external financial statements and reports. Processes may include, but are not limited to, budget development and reporting; analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers and other accounts; preparation of accounting ledger entries and supporting work-papers; preparation of inter-company billings; preparing property valuations; and preparation of required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings. Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.Responsibilities
- Assist with collecting and analyzing financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: budget development, reconciliation and variance reporting for assigned areas, reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare accounting ledger entries, prepare internal and external reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, prepare property valuations. Identify and resolve data issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of subsequent internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Actively participate in or support special projects as assigned. Projects may include but are not limited to: testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, conducting financial analysis and developing ad hoc reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance to clients within assigned business area. Assistance includes, but is not limited to: interpretation of account codes or financial reports, providing status reports on projects, work order issue resolution, etc. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve commonly occurring issues. Knowledge of a body of standardized rules, procedures, and operations within a specialized or technical field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related business degree or a minimum of 18 months related experience.
- Completion of an accounting internship preferred.
- Desire to attain CPA or CMA.
- Ability to learn and apply GAAP.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75410:Corporate Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16927
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com