Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative, and detailed individual for our Accounting/Finance Internship. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work part-time during the school year and part-time or full-time during the summer. This opportunity will begin May 2019 and includes rotations through various groups in our world class accounting and finance department. Duties may include working in accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, tax, project accounting, and internal audit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Offer support in the areas of accounts receivable, account payable, cost accounting, tax, internal audit, consolidation accounting, business unit finance support, and/or project accounting.
2. Perform journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliations, document accounting processes, and assist in performing month end close tasks and/or in the preparation of tax returns.
3. Assist with preparation of financial analysis, budgets and projections, product cost analyses, and other analyses.
4. Assist with research and planning according to generally accepted accounting principles and/or current tax laws.
5. Assist with special projects.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Current student pursuing a degree at an accredited institution in Accounting or Finance
Minimum of 1 year commitment (including summer) to intern position
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Experience with Excel
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.